Saturday 25 August 2012

Work.


For today I really want to share stories at work. When I was looking for a part time job, I was hoping that I get a f&b job. It was because I always cant stand it when I get bad services at restaurants & cafes. Hence, I really wanted to experience waitressing. Let me tell you, it's no easy job! It is tremendously tiring. The pay for me is good, but it cant be said the same for the full-timers. They have to work long hours (without sitting down) & the pay is really bad. In addition, some cafes dont pay their full timer waitress OT pay, so I dont see why they should hang around & work additional hours. At times, the customers can really really really annoying & cranky. They can be super sarcastic & impatient too.

BUTTTTT let me stress this, no matter how tired I m, I have never been bitchy/rude to any customers. So I really still think bad services can't be tolerated. However, getting orders wrong sometimes is not the waitress fault as there are bound to have miscommunication between them & the kitchen.

So far working life has been really tiring but rewarding at the same time. I made a few friends with some of the customers. There was even once where the caucasian customer tip me personally for my good service! ^^ it was definitely a good feeling.

*May


No comments:

Post a Comment